Holiday season is coming. Most shops are open during Christmas and CNY. Below are a few tips to siam the queue especially during custom clearance.
1) In Singapore Harbour Front, try to be 90 minutes before your departure timing. Enter the gate 45 minutes in advance, There are DFS shops inside the departure Hall for you to jalan jalan. It is better not to check in any luggage since it will cut a lot of your waiting time.
2) Did you know Horizon Fast Ferry is the only operator that has Business Class seating? With that, you”ll get to alight first and given priority queue in Batam Custom clearance.
For departure, you”ll have access to Business lounge in Harbour Bay and priority boarding. Instead of phone booking, book online to secure both depart and return timing.
3) With the new car chartering service, you don’t have to worry about the shortage of taxi or Grab drivers that cannot access “Banned Area” impose by local taxi drivers. A 5-6 seater is only SGD60 per 10 hours per day.
4) Book your Kueh Lapis in advance. Most vendor allow you to pre-book your lapis. Just give them a call on your order. Or you could order upfront from the shops in Harbour Bay and collect during your return to Singapore.
5) Book hotel near the terminal to avoid traffic jam. Taking taxi with so many barang barang can be a hassle. And traffic jam is common in Batam. Last minute shopping can be done in Bayfront Mall in the Terminal. Or take a 10 minutes walk to Harbour Bay Shopping Centre.
Bonus: Kueh Lapis and Bird nest in Batam is half the price of Singapore. Most major franchise shops get their supply of birdnest from Batam.